Friday, October 11, 2002

I was gone for a couple of days. DAmah film festival in Seattle- I can never remember what Damah means, but it has to do with change and the the influence of things looking like something other than what they are... or something. Okay, I cheated- "a metaphor that transforms."
The films were great! Mostly. Kosher is always a crowd pleaser, and I heard the film maker talk a little about why she made it. The one following should have been followed- Transformations was about the grief of parents over the loss of a child. Very cathartic. It even makes me like that word more than I did before. Another called Longbranch was about a cowboy who was barbequing in his apartment while saving two lives through ccreating interaction. They were all great fun and with a 56k modem or better, many of them are available to be seen on their website at if you have the hardware.
I came home a little earlier than I wanted to because I have an acquaintance who insisted that I apply for a job, well, yesterday, but when I got in their today I got the distinct impression that I was Jeffs' friend and would be treated with some small resentment. I've been feeling a fair bit of that sort of thing anyway from various sources. I can't say that it's ever been real, but you know perceptions are deadly too.
Anyway, I came back early, left the film fest to get back because a job was assured, they are begging for help (the last time he sent me on this course, they weren't even accepting apps) So anyway, I went. I filled out the app, went and got a driving abstract (ten bucks I hadn't even contemplated spending yet) and they'll begin to consider it monday. Don't bother seeing Jerry or Jim, leave the app with Sue and Jerry will take a look at it on monday. I wish I was in Seattle right now.

No comments: