Saturday, October 26, 2002

I am rarely speechless, but I had a moment of it today.I was incredibly blessed by a friend who I cried on the shoulder of, and told about my woes, not considering that God would use them to be a large part of His answer to my needs and, even though I think that God warned me so my heart wouldn't just out and out stop- I was truly "verklempt". I am now solvent, in addition to being employed come monday. I have never received a monetary blessing like this one... It was of the size that I am anxious to be able to give. I don't even know ho to express it, nor do I know that it is appropriate here, in particular, as I have already sent an e-mail to my friend. I don't know that I can say it better than here in the pasted e-mail.

My words would sound empty if I told you that I can't 

accept it, it's too much because, well, for one thing,
I'm not overdrawn at the bank any longer, and I'll be
getting the name of a guy tomorrow for car insurance.
I guess that God lets us get into situations so that
He can bless people big, and believe me, I was.
Mrs Maclain (Sue) was standing in her kitchen talking
to Dave (Mr) when I opened the envelope. Can I tell
you that the first thing that I thought was that $4
was too much to spend on a 32, or 37 cent stamp. I
thought that was extravagant, but when I opened it up
I was speechless. Sue handed me the phone and I just
waved her off. She told Dave that I was speechless,
and then handed the phone my way again. I just
breathed into the phone... God tried to prepare me
for this, but again, I'm not a quick study.
Anyway, if I know you, this is a little embarrassing
for you, and so I'll shut up now. Let me know if I
need to post thanks to many, or if the "we" that you
mentioned earlier is of the "royal" nature.
I am being convinced of a different future as you have
encouraged my soul as well as my spirit.

No comments: