Monday, March 19, 2007

I wrote a song today. It was a great experience. I love it when God does things through us and we just catch them in the process. It's exciting to have written something that doesn't seem contrived. It just felt good.
Wanna hear, it here it goes...

She walks home from school In a small little town Not part of the others She refuses to frown

Closes her door Holds tight her guitar This gift from the king Makes a glorious sound

She whispers a lyric It’s carried away To the court of the king As He forges her crown

She knows the King In ways that I long to

It seems like a dream A well that I’m drawn to

When she plays guitar Or begins to sing

I have a new mandate Engaging the King

Piercing eyes I’m drawn to engage The knowing look Of a secreted sage

The lilting laughter Of an Irish maid The heart of a lion When she’s up on the stage

And she is my friend Over coffee and more Hearing her sing My heart seems to roar

She knows the King In ways that I long to

She’s got a dream A well that I’m drawn to

When she plays guitar And begins to sing

I have a new mandate Engaging the King

She’s living evidence The King pays attention When she plays her guitar He stands to His feet

She sets a precedence Of awe and adoration When she calls his name His heart skips a beat

And she’s living evidence He gives beauty for ashes When He calls her name She dances around

She sets a precedence Of praise in the madness She sings out His name And we’re all glory bound


I don't have a lot to say about it, it is what it is, but I love the Master for giving it to me.

No comments: