Saturday, March 03, 2007

So, drumming was yesterday. We blessed a church and we blessed our God and we were blessed mightily in the process. I didn't hear anyone say not to call them the next time we do it. Pastors Mike and Lori suggest that it might be a quarterly thing, which I believe is a good idea, although there will certainly be times when we will do the same thing with just people who happen to be around. It was just that good.
Perhaps addictive. Like a good cup of coffee that has just the right mhmhmhmhm in it.
We actually got started at about 1915 because we were figuring out how to record what we were doing. The record is held on three disks, including the long silence at the end. God showed up and silence was the only appropriate response, although my short attention span, SAS for short, kicked in and I didn't quite know what to do. I am glad that Elisabeth and Jim were cohorts in this endeavor as I would have missed the quiet parts.
There is power in the silence that I don't quite relate to yet, but God is good and has made a promise to bring me to the place where I can get it. I'm gonna get it. It's decided, and He promised that He would be faithful to complete it. Odd though, that the drums would be part of that process. God has an amazing economy.
(BTW, lest anyone make the error that Dave pointed out to me, in the picture below- that's Dave's wife Sue. The description I suggest in the post could be used to describe her. That's not it's purpose... and that's all I've got to say about that.)

No comments: