Thursday, September 12, 2002

I have been contemplating a few things that aren't perked enough to go here yet. Well, nothing's really perked yet, but I made a kind of commitment. I'm going to think something and put it here, so...
I've thought for some years about intercessors and how important they are to the body of Christ.
My first analogy was to do with Mason bees. I studied them out a bit and learned that Mason Bees are a necessity for early fruiting tree pollination, and do their work before it is seasonable for most. It takes about ten times as many honey bees to pollinate the same area, but honey bees come out later in the season, so they pick up where the Mason bees leave off. The drive of the honey bee is to feed the queen while the drive of the Mason bee is survival and expansion of the species. The honey bee is a hive mentality feeding hive while the Mason bee is solitary doing it's work for a specific task- feeding one egg(seed) at a time. The honey bee tells others what it's doing in a wild show for the other workers while the Mason bee is content to provide for the next generation in a solitary fashion.
Later I began to see the church in the "high school" clique... The pulpit ministries being the jocks, the rest of us being the choir crowd, the spanish club, etc, and the intercessors being the "heads" or "stoners". I shared this with a friend of mine and they suggested that they were the hidden or private parts of the body. I'm not going to go there tonight, but I will before long. But for now, I will sleep.

No comments: