Tuesday, September 24, 2002

I got a kick out of what I hope was a joke, was likely one of those things that, if I caught it right, could be a lesson, but still, what more can be taken from me.
I was talking with Doris, a sweet God loving, God fearing grandma-lady, who I've done some work for who always blesses me. We were talking about finances and what it would be like to have seemingly infinite finance, what we would do- and the phrase that there were pro's and con's to this unlimited wealth that we were neither of us really prepared for and I made the off-handed statement that I try to stay closer to the pro's and away from the cons, thinking about my past abuses of judgement and the like, when she became suddenly quiet. She asked if I had been offended. I had a hunch where this dear saint was going, but still had to ask. She said that she had been talking to someone about it having been difficult for me to find work and they had made the statement that it's hard for a con to get a job... I howled with laughter. She couldn't remember who had told her, but I hope that it was someone with that type of sense of humor. If not, I may have something to worry about, but- I wish that I'd been there.

No comments: