Thursday, November 17, 2005

Well, I was going to try to do this in order, but I am moved to share about my baptism in the Jordan.
One of my travel mates is a knowledgable teacher and shared with me some of his knowledge on baptism. It was part of the rite of initiation into the levitical priesthood and included an anointing with oil, and so understanding that I have a place amongst the levites I bought a ram's horn shofar to fill with oil and and some oil to fill it.
I went to Israel to see the beginning of the time of my destiny, and I was baptised about thirty years from the time I was first baptised in water by the same man, which I was pretty excited about. Gary has always believed in me and a calling on my life, so he was absolutely okay with a change in protocol on my behalf, the only problem was that I didn't look at the hole in the bottle and know how it would fill the horn before I did it and so where I intended to have about 2 ounces dumped on me, about 5 drops came out, so Gary filled the horn with water and proceeded.
I contemplated breaking the bottle and dumping what I could into the horn, but I was standing in the place prepared for baptisms and did not want broken glass in the pool to be any part of my legacy there and so it was left to water to carry the oil out of the horn.
Oddly enough, though I didn't understand God not interfering in my weak planning to encourage me on into the future, I was frustrated by it, as has often been the case in times past.
And I don't yet know what seeds of ministry were planted but they were well watered. Soon it will all be in the open and I won't have big money worries, just worries about making my connections, but that's a whole other story.

No comments: