Monday, November 21, 2005

An interesting correlation that I had never heard before.
When a close family member in the jewish tradition, a piece of cloth from their clothing is torn as sign of mourningand the clothing that it is cut from is worn for 5 days without respite and then burned. Clothing being something that guards our manifest being from many things and hides our vulnerabilities and nakedness.
Scritpure speaks of the body as a house and as a temple. Jesus said I will destroy this temple and in three days raise it up. He spoke of cleaning house in reference to deliverance.
Now, I wish that I had this revelation on my own, but I really have to be led down the path by the hand.
The tabernacle- outer courts, holy place and holy of holies, a tri-part structure with a veil to hide the heart of God which is the mercy seat and at the moment that Jesus spirit left his body, according to Mark, the veil, the covering over God's heart was torn in two. The Father mourning for His Son, who had just cried out, "Why have you forsaken me!"
He tore the veil, the clothing that covered his manifest presence in an act of grief (not repentance, but grief)
Amazing love, how can it be...

No comments: