Monday, September 20, 2004

As far as theooze goes, I have been careful of late what I read, whose posts I read. Some feel a little like poison to me, but I am acquainted with their hearts and beleive that the Lord will count much good to them that seems like foolishness to me. I know that He is bigger than me, and I find that fearsome and comforting at the same time. There is much, I have learned in my years, open to interpretation in the word. No one has the market cornered on truth, and there is a cultural bbias in the truth of the north american christian (as well as all of the others). North america is the only country where a pre-trib rapture doctrine is even considered, and here we look at it as though the words came straight out of Jesus mouth. If there was no room for interpretation, we would all believe exactly the same thing.
Two things Paul said that give me comfort when I oppose another's doctrine-
We must work out our own salvation- that means that I can't work out someone elses walk with Jesus, and therefore they won't have the same walk as me...
All things are permissable, not all things are profitable. That's either true or it isn't. I am becoming more convinced that Jesus is about whole heartedness in our beliefs (which you exhibit admirably) and unity of purpose. The word says that when two or more are gathered in unity... That's where His power lies. Theooze is about exploration more than anything else. I find broader definition of who God is as I learn the experience of others. He is like a diamond and we, being small, can only see one facet at a time. I beleive that missionaries with the western mindset have destroyed some things that God will restore to cultures like the native american, aboriginal, hawiian, various and sundry african tribes- they have had much to offer and enhance the worship experience, but the western mindset- church as we know it here, has labeled much evil without understanding.
Some dayI hope to put together a band of lovers who use the indigenous that has been cast out of the church without a second thought (or a first real thought)
to create an authentic worship atmosphere to draw in those that have been ostracized on the mission field. Far too many casualties due to closed minds or an inability to find God off the map, beyond the status quo. Can we go there? Is it possible? I'm in the hunt.

No comments: