Tuesday, September 08, 2009

So this is Diniz and Andrea from Brazil, Actually, I think that this picture is in Brazil, but no matter.
I met them my first night in Lubiaz after the whole hanging out and waiting thing- we stayed at the same B&B outside of Luibiaz in some other place that I can't tremember... A "Retreat House" that was difficult to find. The first drive out there, we had two drivers, each with a GPS (and each equally lost) and we went to the wrong house first , but got directions I think... all I heard was in Polish, but I didn't hear them yelling or anything.
Anyway, we get in and Diniz is carrying the bags and he puts them down and grabs his hips and stretches his back- you know, the international symbol for "my back hurts" so I asked if I could pray for his back.
I prayed for a minute and then asked him through his wife who up until then was his interpreter, adn he was healed. I had made a new friend through the miraculous power of Jesus healing power.
Andrea said that Diniz has always wanted to be able to speak english, but couldn't and I thought, "hey, we're on a roll here," so I prayed and asked the Holy SPirit to teach him english through the night...
The next morning- I was his interpreter. He strill didn't speak english, but we had a connection and for e few days after, if Andreas wasn't around and he just wanted to make conversation, he would grab me and say, "You- interpret- me" with a big grin on his face because he thought it was pretty funny too.
Brazil is a definitley in the book for next years choice destination.

No comments: